About the Program
The program is designed to provide an introduction to theoretical knowledge of sport management,physical growth and development, understanding human behaviour, biomechanics, exercise physiology, sport sociology, principles of injury prevention and management, principles of human nutrition and sport event management.
The sport Studies diploma allows students to complete up to two semester of university-transfer study,with courses transferring to related Sport Science and Sport Management degrees at UiTM.
- Pass SPM/ SPMV with at least five (5) credits in any subjects including English Language and Mathematics or Additional Mathematics and pass in Physic/ Chemistry/ Biology/ Additional Science/Science/Knowledge in Sport Science; OR
- Pass SPM/ SPMV with at least three (3) credits in any subjects and pass in English Language and Mathematics or Additional Mathematics and pass in Physic/ Chemistry/ Biology/ Additional Science/Science/Knowledge in Sport Science WITH three (3) years working experience in related field or two (2) years involvement in sports at state/national level; OR
- Pass in Pre-Commerce (PD 003) or Pre-Science (PD 008) from UiTM; AND
- Pass an Interview and fitness test conducted by the faculty
- Sports pundit
- Sports instructor
- Exercise physiologist
- Fitness centre manager
- Sports administrator
- Sports coach
- Sports development officer
- Sports therapist
Opportunity To Further Studies
Holders of this Diploma can proceed to further their studies to Bachelor Degree programs in UiTM and also at any local or foreign universities.